Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Photo Books-Get Started Now

It's July 1st, so I thought it was time to take a look at my list of things I was hoping to accomplish for the year. The one thing I have actually been able to stay on top of this year is photo books.
These really have become ‘my thing’ for the past couple years. They are faster, cheaper, and take up less space than traditional scrapbooking, and since I’m cheap and short on time, they are the perfect solution for me. But photo books can take a lot of time, especially if you sit down and try to do it all at one time. 



*I don't know who taught her to cross her legs like that, but its so darn cute

I have found that the key to accomplishing anything is to keep up. I know it sounds obvious, but things get out of hand really quickly (for me, anyway)
I take tons of photos, for example. So editing every ‘photo event’ within a week helps me not fall behind. My husband also has the same philosophy about me doing the dishes. *snarl



Photo books can be never ending, because there is always something new to be done. Every year I make a family photo book, so as soon as I am done with one, it’s time to move on to the next one. The task can be daunting. The key I have learned is to start with your life now and keep moving forward. If you can stay on top of that, then you can start working on events of the past.  I have done photo books for 2010, 2011, 2012 and our trip to Disney in 2013. I recently finished our photo book for 2013. And this year for the first time I have done 2014 as the year has progressed. Since I have managed to stay on top of that, I have also had time to do a photo book of our engagement photos and three photo books last year for our cousin’s engagement, bridal shower and wedding. That was 6 photo books I made last year. Wow-I am a little impressed that I even can type that, honestly.

I am so glad that I started doing this when Caroline was a baby. I think I would feel so overwhelmed trying to start back in 2010. BUT if that’s where you are, it can be done and I’m going to show you how I do it! If I can do 6 photo books in a year, anyone can!


The next post in this series will break down my process for getting photo books completed. The first step is to make a list of all the photo books you want to complete this year

Here's mine:
2013
2014-up to date!
Twin memorial book
Europe 2005
Bridal Shower 2006
2009

(3 of these are already done this year. It feels sooo good to say that!)
How many books are on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment