Friday, November 29, 2013

Broccoli and Cheesy Chicken Pasta {Foodie Friday}


Be honest. You don't come to this blog for recipes of real food. Don't you worry your pretty little face. I have plenty more of those dessert recipes coming, but in the mean time I thought you might like to have a kid-friendly recipe on hand. This is nice and easy, and if you left out the chicken you could serve it on the side. Entree for kids, side for adults. Everyone is happy. 


*Please bear with me as I get through all these posts with terrible photos.

I've been kind of in a casserole type mood lately. Maybe it's the weather. Maybe I like to mix all my food together, whatever it is, it makes me happy, and I like to do what makes me happy. Sometimes that means using lots of garlic salt. And to that I say, the more the merrier.

One Year Ago: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting
Two Years Ago: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

Broccoli and Cheesy Chicken Pasta


Ingredients
1 pound thin egg noodles (any kind of noodle will work)
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1 pound broccoli florets, steamed
1-1 1/2 cups milk

Directions
1. Prepare egg noodles according to package directions, drain and run under cool water to stop cooking.
2. Melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper, whisking until thick and combined. Slowly whisk in chicken broth until combined. Increase heat to high and whisk until thick and bubbly. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese until melted.
3. Transfer cooked noodles to a large dutch oven or pot over low-medium heat. Add chicken, broccoli and cheese sauce, stirring; will be thick. Stir in milk to loosen sauce to your liking. Serve immediately. This dish does best when served as soon as possible. If needed to be prepared ahead of time, add additional milk or chicken broth to loosen sauce.

Makes 6 servings

Source: Picky Palate

I'm linking up at: Your homebased momThirty Handmade Days The Best Blog RecipesTatertots and JelloWhipperberry Buns in My OvenToday’s Creative BlogDesign, Dining and DiapersIheartnaptimeHome Stories A to Z Home-StyledReal CoakeCreate, Craft, LoveMostlyhomemade momSix Sisters’ StuffA Peek into My ParadiseA Bowl Full of LemonsLove Grows Wild andShabby Creek Cottage.

3 comments:

  1. Looks good. I know my granddaughters will love it. I already pinned it. Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love recipes that include broccoli! Hopped over from Buns in My Oven. I am now hosting Tasty Tuesdays with nine other blogs. Please hop on over and link up this recipe and some others. http://bit.ly/1htHZV7

    ReplyDelete