Friday, May 4, 2012

Microwave Chocolate Cake {Foodie Friday}

This cake was made in my microwave in 45 seconds, I kid you not.  Party trick, maybe… But also not bad for a chocolate cake you can make in less than a minute. Because I was home by myself at the time, I made the cake in a mug.
I have never had a problem eating all of my dessert or finding desserts to be too rich, yet I could not eat the whole thing. It was so ooey, gooey chocolately amazing. The perfect dessert for when you are having ‘one of those days’. I also think that this is a great dessert for those who are single and don’t want to keep a whole cake around the house. I always have these ingredients on hand, so it’s perfect for an unexpected visitor or anytime you need a dessert in a pinch. I don’t actually have ramekins, but I do have some 1 cup prep bowls from Pampered Chef that I have been using for that purpose. They are glass and not as pretty as a ramekin, but they get the job done. Plus they are kind of shaped like an upside down cupcake. Serve it with a side of ice cream and you have yourself a little piece of heaven on earth. I also need to be careful that I don’t start eating these every night..

Microwave Chocolate Cake

Ingredients: {makes 1 mug cake or 2 ramekin cakes}
4 tablespoons all purpose flour
4 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg – beaten
3 tablespoons skim milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Directions:
Into a small bowl add: flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt, egg, milk, and vegetable oil. Mix to combine.
Pour mixture into a regular sized coffee mug or two smaller ramekins.
Microwave on high for one minute and 30 seconds in a mug, or 45 seconds in a ramekin. If needed (if cake batter is still gooey), microwave on high for additional time, checking every 15 seconds. Don’t overcook or it will get very spongy.
Now the key here is to eat it fast while it’s hot. If you let it sit, it will get rubbery. This recipe is definitely worth a try because it’s so fun and weird. And if you need a very quick chocolate fix, nothing beats it!

No comments:

Post a Comment