Monday, November 21, 2011

Remodeling the House: The Bedroom

Here is the evolution of our bedroom. It seems hard to believe that it used to look like this!
This is what it looked like around the time we moved into our house. We only painted it before we moved in.



Circa Summer 2006
  

Circa March 2007
We actually used what is now our daughter's room as both our office and Master Bedroom for a while after we got married while DH was 'finishing' the bedroom. I think that involved putting in a fan... haha. Another important note is that we had no doors on any of the bedrooms when we moved in. This was fine most of the time, because it was just the two of us, but seems weird now that we have doors, and we use them =)
The first paint we had was called Mark Twain House Bark and I loved it. I made an off hand comment one time about how I loved the color because sometimes it had a tint of purple to it, and so DH wanted to paint it.


 Now it is Milk Chocolate. Not a lot different from what we had before, but now there is no hint of purple. Boo.
After DH finished Caroline's room, he added a new built in headboard and some trim to our room. We also added the sconces AND DH put wood on the ceiling. I feel like everything in our house is covered in wood and it drives me crazy, but it looks amazing and gives the room a much more finished look. The best part about this remodel is that it only took about a week to complete. The bad part about that, is that I don't have a whole lot of pictures to show you.
Unfortunately, I do not have fancy bedding and pillows to make the headboard look amazing.
The bedding is from Target. We have the bedskirt, but we upgraded our bed from a full to a queen and now it doesn't fit. We got it for our wedding. In fact, I think we have 4 sets of this Woolrich bedding in different colors and styles. I usually just switch between the two in this post because I like them the best. They don't carry it any more at Target in these designs, but if you are so madly in love that you can't live without them I will let you buy them, and I will get something new ;)  No fighting.
 As you can see I still don't have a dust ruffle and it has been on my Christmas list for 2 years...hehe.

The picture above our bed was a Christmas gift from my aunt and uncle. My uncle's brother, Ray Hartl, is a photographer and you can view his work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment